This page shows how to Play Powerball®
prior to January 15, 2012.
Powerball® is a multi-state jackpot game. Drawings are held on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 10:59. During the drawing, six numbers are drawn: five white ball numbers and the red Powerball® number. Matching all six numbers wins the jackpot. There are eight other ways to match and win prizes up to $200,000. In addition, players may choose to purchase the PowerPlay® option. The PowerPlay® multiplier number is determined in a separate drawing aired during the Powerball® drawing. With the purchase of PowerPlay®, all non-jackpot winnings will be multiplied by the PowerPlay® number (2, 3, 4, or 5) selected.
* The jackpot prize amount advertised by the Lottery is based on prize payment of a 30-year annuity. Winners have 60 days from filing a claim to elect a "Cash" or an "Annuity" option (30 payments over 29 years).
Prior to each drawing, Powerball® sales will be temporarily suspended to allow for the drawing. Powerball® sales are suspended at 9:59 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday. Powerball® ticket sales CANNOT be canceled.
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
For more information on odds, drawings, winning numbers and remaining or unclaimed prizes, ask your lottery retailer, visit our website at www.sceducationlottery.com or call toll‑free 1-866-736-9819 during regular business hours. (Except State Holidays)
Tickets, transactions, and winners are subject to SCEL rules and state law. SCEL shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets. For current or past winning numbers call (803) 734-IWON (4966) or check under the specific game on our website.
Gambling may be addictive. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call toll‑free 1‑877‑452‑5155 or visit the Play Responsibly South Carolina website at www.PlayResponsiblySC.com. Have Fun. Play Smart. Play Responsibly.
There are three ways to claim a prize:
1. At authorized Lottery Retailers - Any winning ticket up to and including $500.
2. By mail - Winning tickets up to and including $100,000 may be redeemed by mail. The back of the winning ticket must be signed and accompanied by an official South Carolina Education Lottery claim form. Claim forms are also available at any authorized South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. NOTE: A copy of a picture identification card (driver's license, state or military I.D., or passport) is required for all winnings over $500. Winnings over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the Columbia Claims Center.
Mailing address for winnings of $100,000 or less:
SC Education Lottery
P.O. Box 11039
Columbia, SC 29211-1039
3. At the Columbia Claims Center - Any winning ticket over $100,000 must be brought in person to the Columbia Claims Center for redemption.
- The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player. Registered mail is recommended.
- Prizes for online tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the draw date printed on the ticket.
- Prizes for instant tickets must be claimed within 90 days after the game ends. The official end of the different instant games will be posted at retail locations as well as on the Commission's website. (Prizes Remaining Report)
SCEL has been careful to ensure that this website posts only the official winning numbers. However, SCEL is aware of the possibility of human error in posting the winning numbers to this site. In the case of any discrepancy between the numbers posted on this site and the official winning numbers, the prevailing numbers will be those that have been certified by the SCEL Lottery draw manager and a representative from the independent certified public accounting firm who witnessed the drawings. The winning numbers are then entered into the central gaming system.