|How to Play Palmetto Cash 5|
What is Palmetto Cash 5?
Palmetto Cash 5 is a five-number game from the South Carolina Education Lottery. There are four ways to win prizes from $1 up to $100,000. Players have the option of spending an extra dollar per play for the chance to multiply all prizes, by the POWER-UP number drawn, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times. The price of each play is $1. Purchasing the POWER-UP multiplier option increases the price for each play from $1 to $2. Drawings are held seven days a week at 6:59 p.m. and are televised live on local stations.
1. Pick up a Palmetto Cash 5 play slip at any South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. Use ONLY a pencil or a pen with blue or black ink to fill out a play slip. Red ink will NOT be accepted. Be VERY CAREFUL not to make stray marks on the play slip as the lottery terminal may confuse the marks for numbers or play options. If you make an error in your number selection, DO NOT ERASE. Simply mark the "VOID" box at the bottom of the play area and move on to the next play area.
2. There are five different play areas on a single play slip, marked "PLAY A" through "PLAY E." Each box represents a DIFFERENT play. Each play costs $1. All selected numbers for a single play should be in the same play area. Players may purchase up to five plays per play slip.
3. Mark five different numbers from 1 to 38. Make a heavy vertical mark in the appropriate boxes in each play area. Or, if you prefer having any or all of your plays selected at random by the lottery terminal, mark the “QUICK PICK” box at the bottom of the play area.
4. Players may choose to purchase the POWER-UP multiplier option for the chance to increase their winnings up to five times. The POWER-UP option costs an extra dollar per play. The POWER-UP number is drawn in a separate drawing following the Palmetto Cash 5 drawing and is not selected by the player. If you purchase the POWER‑UP multiplier option and win a prize, the prize will automatically be multiplied by the POWER‑UP number drawn. The POWER-UP number is randomly drawn from sixteen balls: eight balls are marked with the number “2”; five are marked with the number “3”; two are marked with the number “4”; and one is marked with the number “5.”
5. All plays and play options selected on the play slip will be valid for the selected draw only. Play up to 40 consecutive draws by marking the appropriate box under the heading "MULTI-DRAW." NOTE: Each consecutive draw will cost an extra dollar. So a play slip with the number "5" marked in the "MULTI-DRAW" area will cost $5 and will be valid for the next five draws. Marking the “POWER‑UP” multiplier option increases the cost of each play marked on the play slip from $1 to $2; therefore, 5 multi-draws with Power‑Up would cost $10 and would be valid for the next five draws.
6. After handing the play slip to the clerk, the clerk will run the play slip through the lottery terminal. A Palmetto Cash 5 ticket will then be printed. Palmetto Cash 5 tickets CANNOT be canceled.
7. Prior to each drawing, Palmetto Cash 5 sales will be temporarily suspended to allow for the drawing. Palmetto Cash 5 sales are suspended at 6:45 p.m., seven days a week.
8. The printed Palmetto Cash 5 ticket is the ONLY valid receipt for claiming a prize. Play slips will NOT be accepted as proof of purchase.
9. Palmetto Cash 5 drawings take place at 6:59 p.m., seven days a week. Drawings are broadcast LIVE via our media partners.
10. All winning amounts on a single ticket will be totaled for the purpose of check writing.
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
For more information on odds, drawings, winning numbers and remaining or unclaimed prizes, ask your lottery retailer, visit our website at www.sceducationlottery.com or call toll‑free 1-866-736-9819 during regular business hours. (Except State Holidays)
Tickets, transactions, and winners are subject to SCEL rules and state law. SCEL shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets. For current or past winning numbers call, (803) 734-IWON (4966) or check under the specific game on our website.
Gambling may be addictive. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call toll‑free 1‑877‑452‑5155 or visit the PlayResponsiblySC.com website. Have Fun. Play Smart. Play Responsibly.
The Power-Up number is determined in a separate draw from sixteen balls. Of these balls, eight are marked with a “2,” five are marked with a “3,” two are marked with a “4,” and one is marked with a “5.” The number drawn is the Power-Up number.
Overall odds: 1:8.4.
Odds of Not Winning: from 8.2 in 9.2 to 501,941 in 501,942.
NOTE: The set prize amounts published here are based on the expected number of winners sharing in the prize pool. In some cases, the prizes can be paid on a prize sharing basis and will be lower than these published prize levels.
Refer to Section V in the Official Game Rules for a detailed explanation of the Aggregate Payout Liability Limits.
The odds of the selection of the Power-Up number are:
There are three ways to claim a prize:
1. At authorized Lottery Retailers - Any winning ticket up to and including $500. Lottery retailers can award up to $500 in cash, store check, money order or a combination thereof.
2. By mail - Winning tickets up to and including $100,000 may be redeemed by mail. The back of the winning ticket must be signed and accompanied by an official South Carolina Education Lottery claim form. Claim forms are also available at any authorized South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. NOTE: A copy of a picture identification card (driver's license, state or military I.D., or passport) is required for all winnings over $500. Winnings over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the Columbia Claims Center.
Mailing address for winnings of $100,000 or less:
3. At the Columbia Claims Center - Any winning ticket over $100,000 must be brought in person to the Columbia Claims Center for redemption.