Mega Millions® is a multi-state jackpot game. Drawings are held on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 11:00 p.m. During the drawing, six numbers are drawn: five white ball numbers and the gold Megaball® number. The jackpot starts at $12 million and grows until hit. Matching all six numbers wins the jackpot. There are eight other ways to match and win prizes up to $250,000. In addition, players may choose to purchase the Megaplier® option. The Megaplier® multiplier number is determined in a separate drawing. With the purchase of Megaplier®, all non-jackpot winnings will be multiplied by the Megaplier® number (2, 3, or 4) selected. Also with the purchase of Megaplier®, every Match 5 + 0 ticket holder wins $1 MILLION, no matter the Megaplier® number drawn.
The following table represents the Taper Down Schedule for Mega Millions, which shows the number of future draws that may be purchased prior to the given draw date. Players will again be able to purchase 20 future draws after Friday, October 18.
The Countdown for the number of Mega Millions Multi Draws that can be purchased begins: Tuesday, August 13, 2013. After the Mega Millions drawing on Tuesday, August 13, 2013, players may purchase up to 19 Multi Draws. The number of Multi Draws available for purchase will decrease by one following each draw until the drawing on Friday, October 18.
|Draw Dates*||Draw Dates*|
|Tuesday, August 13, 2013||- 20 Draws||Friday, September 20, 2013||- 9 Draws|
|Friday, August 16, 2013||- 19 Draws||Tuesday, September 24, 2013||- 8 Draws|
|Tuesday, August 20, 2013||- 18 Draws||Friday, September 27, 2013||- 7 Draws|
|Friday, August 23, 2013||- 17 Draws||Tuesday, October 01, 2013||- 6 Draws|
|Tuesday, August 27, 2013||- 16 Draws||Friday, October 04, 2013||- 5 Draws|
|Friday, August 30, 2013||- 15 Draws||Tuesday, October 08, 2013||- 4 Draws|
|Tuesday, September 03, 2013||- 14 Draws||Friday, October 11, 2013||- 3 Draws|
|Friday, September 06, 2013||- 13 Draws||Tuesday, October 15, 2013||- 2 Draws|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2013||- 12 Draws||Friday, October 18, 2013||- 1 Draw|
|Friday, September 13, 2013||- 11 Draws||Tuesday, October 22, 2013||- 20 Draws|
|Tuesday, September 17, 2013||- 10 Draws|
* Number of draws represents the maximum number available for purchase prior to the draw break at 10:00 p.m. before the Mega Millions drawing.
Prior to each drawing, Mega Millions® sales will be temporarily suspended to allow for the drawing. Mega Millions® sales are suspended at 10:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays. Mega Millions® ticket sales CANNOT be canceled.
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
For more information on odds, drawings, winning numbers and remaining or unclaimed prizes, ask your lottery retailer, visit our website at www.sceducationlottery.com or call toll‑free 1-866-736-9819 during regular business hours. (Except State Holidays)
Tickets, transactions, and winners are subject to SCEL rules and state law. SCEL shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets. For current or past winning numbers, call (803) 734-IWON (4966) or check under the specific game on our website.
Gambling may be addictive. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call toll free 1-877-452-5155 or visit the Play Responsibly South Carolina website at www.PlayResponsiblySC.com. Have Fun. Play Smart. Play Responsibly.
There are three ways to claim a prize:
1. At authorized Lottery Retailers - Any winning ticket up to and including $500.
2. By mail - Winning tickets up to and including $100,000 may be redeemed by mail. The back of the winning ticket must be signed and accompanied by an official South Carolina Education Lottery claim form. Claim forms are also available at any authorized South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. NOTE: A copy of a picture identification card (driver's license, state or military I.D., or passport) is required for all winnings over $500. Winnings over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the Columbia Claims Center.
Mailing address for winnings of $100,000 or less:
SC Education Lottery
P.O. Box 11039
Columbia, SC 29211-1039
3. At the Columbia Claims Center - Any winning ticket over $100,000 must be brought in person to the Columbia Claims Center for redemption.
- The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player. Registered mail is recommended.
- Prizes for online tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the draw date printed on the ticket.
- Prizes for instant tickets must be claimed within 90 days after the game ends. The official end of the different instant games will be posted at retail locations as well as on the Commission's website. (Prizes Remaining Report)
SCEL has been careful to ensure that this website posts only the official winning numbers. However, SCEL is aware of the possibility of human error in posting the winning numbers to this site. In the case of any discrepancy between the numbers posted on this site and the official winning numbers, the prevailing numbers will be those that have been certified by the SCEL Lottery draw manager and a representative from the independent certified public accounting firm who witnessed the drawings. The winning numbers are then entered into the central gaming system.